Simon and Ros Jones – Oceanview Complex Managers
Job Description: Simon Jones
- Simon’s main responsibilities are the grounds work (grass cutting, strimming etc), all the contracts re emergency lighting, keeping records for Environmental Health eg Pest Control.
- He also does the majority of the baking and food preparation for the Centre and I assist him in the kitchen. He is self-taught and never ever had any formal training as a chef, but he’s a real natural and loves catering. Together we do all the catering for the groups who come to the Centre and then we usually have 2 volunteers helping us in the kitchen and many of these are from 1st P’down.
- Simon is also responsible for Health and Safety around the site and his work as well as mine is monitored by Risk Assessors every 2 years. He also has to do weekly tests of the fire alarm system before groups arrive to ensure their safety while they’re here with us.
- Simon also organises teams of men to come and help us throughout the year with various projects eg the sports pitch drainage project, painting etc.
Job Description: Ros Jones
- Ros does the administration for the Centre, booking in weekend groups into the diary, co-ordinating kitchen helps for each weekend, advertising the Centre and keeping Facebook up-to-date for those praying and supporting us.
- Cleaning the dorm block, making beds and doing the laundry for the kitchen and dorms each week is a huge part of my job. Also greeting guests and groups wanting to come and see around the Centre before they book their weekend with us.
- All paperwork associated with Environmental Health eg freezer temperatures, delivery checklists, cooking temperatures etc.
- Organising our craft stall and tuck shop and stock-taking the freezers and cold room.
- Liasing with June Dowey each year to organise the team from 1st P’down to come and help us each June as we prepare for the summer camps.
Republic of Ireland.